Wednesday 22 May 2013

Haywire (2011)


Haywire is a 2011 talent laden action-thriller film directed by Steven Soderbergh, starring Gina Carano, Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, Bill Paxton, Channing Tatum, Antonio Banderas, and Michael Douglas. Rotten Tomato’s gave it 80%, the film going public failed it.
Gina Carano is a MMA fighter and she is great in this movie. I loved realism of the close combat fight scenes. It’s another agent betrayed on her own movie. But the biggest weakness of this movie is the reason for her betrayal is handled poorly. Overall I thought it was a great action flick and I hope to see more of Gina in similar roles with a better story.
Three point two stars



2 comments:

  1. I agree about Gina, she was great, even if she was dubbed over. Unlike other films that attempted realistic fight scenes, Haywire actually pulled it off with some great camera work.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been spoiled by the Matrix. If the fights dont have wire work in them, they seem boring to me.

    ReplyDelete