Monday 3 December 2012

Skyfall (2012)


Without hesitation I would join the millions who would not hesitate to say Bond films are their favorite franchise. Skyfall disappointed me. The opening sequence was the best ever. Daniel Craig continues to re define Bond in a compelling fashion. Sam Mendes direction was well crafted. Although to date, he has never recaptured the magic of American Beauty. Javier Bardem was one of the best, if not the best Bond villian ever.

The first half of the movie was near perfect Bond. The second half was a mess of plot holes and situations that stretched my suspension of disbelief to the limit. Its possible background that might have kept situations free of criticism were edited for the sake of brevity. Unfortunately for me I hold Bond to a very high standard, and while picky points, it going to cost a movie which should have owned a fourth star without effort, that high a mark. Nevertheless a must see on the big screen movie.

Three point four stars

4 comments:

  1. I'm a bond fan as well, looking forward this despite the plot holes. Thank you for the comments on my blog. Also were is your follow button? You do not seem to have one.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James, thanks for stopping by. I think I have added a follow button now.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for adding the button Steve, I followed.

      -James

      Delete
  2. I for one prefer this more grounded version of Bond over the previous versions. Not a Bond fan but I do like the direction they have taken the franchise, even though its little more than a high-tech version of Bourne. Yet to see Skyfall tho...

    ReplyDelete