Monday 15 December 2014

The Equalizer (2014)


Antoine Fuqua is an American film director. He directed the film Training Day as well as The Replacement Killers, Tears of the Sun, King Arthur, Shooter, Brooklyn's Finest, Olympus Has Fallen and The Equalizer. The Equalizer is probably the worst movie on that list. 

I love Denzel Washington. So this movie staring Denzl Washington with his old Training Day director had me pumped. Most of the air had left my balloon after the first ten minutes of nothing interesting going on. The movie takes way to long to take off.  Denzel Washington's character would be more at home as a member of the Avengers. The Russian Mobster chief villian looked way to much like Mr Bean. It was hokey and unoriginal.  It still managed $100 million domestic.  Rotten Tomatoes was less generous with a 61%. I would not go that high. There will likely be a sequel and hope it turns out better.

Two point six stars.

1 comment:

  1. I actually really enjoyed this movie and literally only looked it at a few hours ago. If I had seen it sooner i'd have put it in my top ten films of 2014.

    Yahya.

    ReplyDelete