Friday 10 January 2014

Wolf of Wall Street (2013)


Not really a spoiler but this is a true story.  Most of the people in the movie especially Jordan Belfort who is played perfectly by Leonardo Di Capri are real characters. The real Jordan also has a walk on speaking part. According to the real Jordan what you see in the movie is all true. Some of this is easy to verify. My first reaction to the movie was that Martin Scorsese was doing a remake of Up in Smoke using Wall Street as a backdrop. I freaked later learning of the Tommy Chong connection.  The direction is top notch Scorsese. I found this movie laugh out loud funny for at least an hour. American Hustle by comparison was a small movie, this was a spectacle. I still think Bale will beat Leo for Best Actor, but for best movie, screenplay, director its going to be a battle. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 79%.  It cost $130 mil to make and is struggling to break 100 at the domestic box. I think its one of those love it or hate it movies, I totally loved it.

Five point five stars out of Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment